Thoughts on Establishment
Together with a group of “researchers who change the world”, creating in Shibuya a future looking 10 years forward.
The DENSO IT Laboratory is home to researchers who have gained a diverse range of experience through long years of study in their own fields. While naturally focusing their attention on technology development that can be linked to improved safety in the traffic society of which the DENSO Group is a part, they also conduct advanced core research that is the seed for the future of cars and of the mobility society as a whole.
Here, the scale and dynamic characteristics of the DENSO Group, which seeks the “world’s best technology”, coexist with the day-to-day existence of researchers who congregate in front of large whiteboards, passionately discussing how their thoughts can change the world.
Precisely because the researchers at the DENSO IT Laboratory face “problems unsolved by anyone" on a daily basis, they are able to use cutting-edge approaches to the difficult issues that confront technology development workplaces. In addition, by pursuing the latest core research, an approach that at first glance might be considered the long way round, they can propose the rapid use of promising indications garnered from their results in the development and productization of software aimed at achieving the mobility society, while also feeling proud that they are playing a role in creating brand new value.
My mission at this laboratory is to see that highly expert researchers who want to change the world are immersed in the latest technological developments and advanced core research. By providing these researchers with a wide range of opportunities and an environment for growth, we have made DENSO IT Laboratory a “creative space” where these professionals create the future before our very eyes.
- 2000.8.1 Establishment of companyNikko Shibuya Nanpeidai Building 5F, 2-17 Nanpeidaicho, Shibuya-ku
- 2004.8.16 Company relocationShibuya Prestige 6F, 7F, Shibuya, Shibuya-ku
- 2008.3.17 Relocation to Shibuya Cross Tower
- 2009.4.26 DENSO’s Tokyo Design moves onto the same floor.
- 2012.6.29 Change in shareholders From DENSO 65%, DENSO Create 35% to DENSO 100%
- Name of company DENSO IT Laboratory
- Address Shibuya Cross Tower 28th floor, 2-15-1 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0002
- Contact information TEL: 03-6419-2300 FAX: 03-6419-2319
- Establishment August 1, 2000
- Capital 95 million yen
- President Masashi Kishimoto
- Affiliated company DENSO, Ltd., Inc.
Shibuya Cross Tower 28th floor, 2-15-1 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
6 minutes’ walk from JR Shibuya Station